add new links in "Browser by"

vinicius rifam

Jul 5, 2019, 12:45:38 PM7/5/19
to AtoM Users
Hello,
I'm building a custom layout
and on the home page I would like to leave only buttons with links to the pages
but I can not add new links in home Success.php.

Any tips or links that can help?

ps. I'm using the plugin 'Corcovado plugin' and all necessary changes I'm importing
the pages into it.

I want to do something like this

print.png

thanks.

Dan Gillean

Jul 9, 2019, 6:27:31 PM7/9/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi there,

Do you want the same links to show in the drop-down Browse menu available in the AtoM header bar?

If yes, then you can customize the Browse menu via Admin > Menus to add the additional links. See:
In terms of customizing the look and feel of the browse options in the home page, it may be useful to look at how the browse menu is rendered in the arArchivesCanada plugin, to see how we've implemented that. See for example:
Here is how it looks on the ArchivesCanada theme homepage:

AC-theme.png

This previous thread in the user forum includes a lot of introductory information on developing AtoM theme plugins, including how they are organized:
You might try starting your custom theme with the arArchivesCanadaPlugin, and changing the icons found in the images directory, along with other assets and styles. The Corcovado plugin is very simple, created just for demonstration purposes!

Hope that helps!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.