Using Preservica for preservation and AtoM for access

Daniela Moneta

Sep 25, 2022, 4:11:23 PM9/25/22
to AtoM Users
My non-profit organization recently started using Preservica for digital preservation. We have been using AtoM for eight years for access to our library and archives collection and now have to decide if we continue using AtoM for access or switch to Preservica for access.

I am the cataloger for my organization and am very happy with AtoM. We are a small international organization and use AWS as our cloud computing platform at a very low cost. I would like to have a conversation with any AtoM users who have switched to Preservica for preservation and continue to use AtoM.  Has any progress been for Preservica users of AtoM to continue with the AtoM application for cataloging and access?

I have not been able to find any online catalogs for libraries and archives that use Preservica for access. Can someone suggest a few?

Sincerely,
Daniela Moneta, MLIS

Daniela Moneta

Oct 8, 2022, 9:57:13 AM10/8/22
to AtoM Users
I asked this question a couple of weeks ago and read that I could bump it up if no one responded.
Does anyone in this user group use Preservica for preservation and AtoM for access? If so, how is it working out for you?

Dan Gillean

Oct 25, 2022, 9:26:28 AM10/25/22
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniela,

I unfortunately cannot disclose all the details, but Artefactual did complete a project for a client recently to support a very basic Preservica AtoM integration. Getting it to work involved some internal code changes that will be included in the upcoming 2.7 release, but also additional custom code changes made locally to support the specific client requirements, which will not be included in a public release.

Consequently, while it can be done, and while 2.7 will make it easier to set up, at this time there's no easy way to establish a Preservica - AtoM integration without further custom development.

I was hoping that by delaying I would be able to say more, but at this time no further details are forthcoming.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.