Quick links do not appear

ism...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2021, 8:18:01 AM6/28/21
to AtoM Users

Good morning, I removed the quick links menu because I did not need them but now I want to add them again. The problem is that it no longer appears as an icon in the header (with the info icon), how could I restore it as it was before. Greetings.

Dan Gillean

Jun 28, 2021, 10:54:41 AM6/28/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Isabel,

What version of AtoM are you using again? And how did you delete the Quick Links menu?

I believe that by default the Quick Links menu is a protected page - no delete button is provided for the top level node in the user interface, since although it does not display that way, in the code the user management pages (My Profile, Login, Log out) are nested under quick links. Did you modify the code, or else suppress it in a custom theme? If yes, then restoring your code changes, restarting PHP-FPM, clearing the application cache (and your web browser cache) would be my first recommendation to try.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at 8:18 AM ism...@gmail.com <ism...@gmail.com> wrote:

Good morning, I removed the quick links menu because I did not need them but now I want to add them again. The problem is that it no longer appears as an icon in the header (with the info icon), how could I restore it as it was before. Greetings.

ism...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2021, 11:03:09 AM6/28/21
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan, thanks for the reply. I use version 2.6.2 and I have simply entered Configuration> Menu and I have accessed the quick links menu and I have given the delete button, it has not put me any problem. I have not made any code changes that I can undo. I have re-created the menu manually from the same place but it no longer appears when inserting the component in the header. Greetings.

Mike Cantelon

Jun 29, 2021, 3:04:00 AM6/29/21
to AtoM Users
Hi Isobel,

The top level menu item for the quick links is hardcoded to have the internal ID of 3 in the database.

If you want to create a new root menu item with that ID the easiest way to do it is with a schort PHP script that you can download into the root director of AtoM then run. You should delete the quick links you recreated before downloading and running this script.

Here's how to download and run the script:

$ cd /path/to/atom
$ curl -L https://bit.ly/3h2Kja3 > fix.php
$ php symfony tools:run fix.php

After running this script you should end up with a new top level menu item for quick links that you can manually re-add items to.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,
Mike Cantelon
Artefactual Systems