Restoring backup from 2.3 to 2.4

Stephen Innerarity

Mar 21, 2019, 11:30:54 AM3/21/19
to AtoM Users
Hey Guys I just did an upgrade from 2.3 to 2.4 how do I go about restoring the database and is there any schematic difference between them. Is the link below still a valid way of restoring the database

https://codex.wordpress.org/Backing_Up_Your_Database#Restoring_From_a_Backup

Corinne Rogers

Mar 21, 2019, 12:37:15 PM3/21/19
to AtoM Users
Hi Stephen,

We haven't tested this using a GUI tool like MySQL workbench in a while, but it should work. However the easiest way is to use the CLI - see the upgrade docs. If you're adding a 2.3 db to a new 2.4 site, then it's important that you run the sql-upgrade task (as outlined in the upgrade docs here). You'll need to know the mysql username and pass you used when installing AtoM - if you've forgotten, you can look in config/config.php for connection info. When you have done that, rebuild the search index, clear the cache and restart all the services (see here).

best regards,
Corinne

Corinne Rogers, PhD
Systems Archivist