Upgrade of AtoM 2.3 to AtoM 2.5

Omphile Sebonego

Jun 18, 2019, 10:50:33 AM6/18/19
to AtoM Users
Good day

Guys I am try to upgrade from AtoM 2.3 to AtoM 2.5, I am Stuck at this error

root@atom:~# wget https://storage.accesstomemory.org/releases/atom-2.5.0.tar.gz
Connecting to storage.accesstomemory.org (storage.accesstomemory.org)|167.114.216.99|:443... failed: Connection timed out.
Retrying.

Dan Gillean

Jun 18, 2019, 11:58:22 AM6/18/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Omphile,

I think this has to do with the bandwidth of your internet connection - I have just tested the tarball download link, and for me it took 12 seconds to fully download.

If you are unable to improve your internet connection speed, one thing you could potentially do is look into some of the options available in the wget command around the time allowed before timing out, the number of retries, the number of time to wait between retries, the limit rate, and so on. See for example:
Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything we can do on our end to improve this. Good luck!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.