upgrading from 2.6 to 2.7 SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found

Roberto

Jan 8, 2023, 10:37:02 AM1/8/23
to AtoM Users

I'm following the doc
I've copied the uploads and loaded the my db content into the new  db

When I use the  command
php symfony digitalobject:regen-derivatives
or
php -d memory_limit=-1 symfony search:populate

I get the error

[wrapped: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'digital_object.LANGUAGE' in 'field list']

I've not  idea  how to continue

Thank you

Regards
Roberto

Immagine 2023-01-08 163332.jpg

Dan Gillean

Jan 9, 2023, 10:36:43 AM1/9/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Roberto,

While we have discovered a minor issue with the installation instructions for 2.7 (outlined here; docs are in the process of being updated right now), in your case this particular thing doesn't seem to be the issue.

In the vast majority of posts I see like this, with Column not found errors during an upgrade, it is because a critical step of the upgrade process was skipped. Usually, it is the step to drop and then recreate the database BEFORE loading your sqldump; occasionally it is because the upgrade task was not run AFTER loading the sqldump.

Did you drop and recreate the database before loading your backed up data, as described in step 4 of this section?
If not, please try repeating the upgrade process and let us know how it goes!

If yes, did you remember to run the upgrade task after loading?
If you're not sure, you can try running it again - it should not break anything if your installation's database schema version is already up to date. If you do run it again however, make sure to follow some of the other maintenance steps in the docs following that, such as restarting services, repopulating the search index, etc.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

José Raddaoui

Jan 17, 2023, 11:13:02 AM1/17/23
to AtoM Users
Hi Roberto,

Could it be that you are upgrading from 2.5.x or lower? Check this thread whit the same (or a similar) issue and give it a try to the workaround John found:

Best,
Radda.

Roberto Fioravanti

Jan 17, 2023, 12:38:54 PM1/17/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
thank  you
I didn't run upgrade task

Sorry
Thank you
Roberto

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AtoM Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ica-atom-users/CAC1FhZ%2BMsqVQW8_VZvabbf7KUumqDA1tUt6FUfOFdQJdRtYsOw%40mail.gmail.com.