Pinning all search records to the clipboard

Ricardo Pinho - AtoM-PT.pt

Jul 10, 2020, 3:40:22 AM7/10/20
to AtoM Users
Hi,
I would appreciate any help to find a way to pin all search results to the clipboard.

After careful reading the documentation, the only documented way that I can find is to manually click on all records pins after executing the search.

Thank you in advance!
Cheers,
Ricardo Pinho

Dan Gillean

Jul 10, 2020, 10:20:01 AM7/10/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Ricardo,

That's correct - at this time, we don't have a bulk method of adding records to the clipboard.

However, if it's search results you are after, AtoM does have a separate export for search/browse results in CSV form, for authenticated users. See:
Keep in mind that the search results export will not include associated descendants (i.e. if a collection is in the search results, the child records will not necessarily be included, unless they are also in the search results). It also won't group the export results by parent so that the CSV can be easily re-imported - instead, the order will depend on the order of the search results, so depending on the search terms and results, a child record may appear in a row higher than a parent record (or the parent record might not be included at all). Because of this, I wouldn't say it's a great way to export data with the intention of re-importing it, unless you are working with discrete items, or intend to review and clean up the exported CSV (i.e. reordering it, checking parent relationships, etc).

In the meantime, the clipboard export does allow you to include descendants, so it's not necessarily to individually pin every record in your system - just the top-level descriptions.

It would be great to be able to have a "select all" option for pinning to the clipboard at the top of a search results page! Something for the future, perhaps :)

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Ricardo Pinho - AtoM-PT.pt

Jul 10, 2020, 10:57:37 AM7/10/20
to AtoM Users
Thank you Dan for the detailed answer!

As far as I understand, the mentioned CVS export function is only available for archival description search or browse results.
It is not available for authority record or archival institution search or browse results? (like clipboard CSV export)

Could it be possible for an Institution to request and financially support the Artefactual developmet of the "select all" option for pinning to the clipboard at the top of a search results page?

Thank you!
Regards,
Ricardo Pinho

Dan Gillean

Jul 10, 2020, 11:12:30 AM7/10/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Ricardo,

Yes, that's correct - currently the search results CSV export only supports archival descriptions.

If you might be interested in sponsoring a feature, please send an email to info [at] artefactual [dot] com with details on the development request, and one of our team members will follow up with you and prepare some initial estimates.

Best,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Ricardo Pinho - AtoM-PT.pt

Jul 13, 2020, 4:52:05 AM7/13/20
to AtoM Users
Thank you Dan for the quick reply!
If I get the confirmation of the sponsor possibility, I will do as indicated.
Best regards,
Ricardo Pinho