Costanza Lisi

Oct 18, 2023, 4:29:34 AM10/18/23
to AtoM Users
I would like to change the 'user interface' label ‘Subjects’ but the system appears to not authorize me to do it.
I attach a screen shot to show what i would like to change

I was able to change the browse menu but not the interface label (described https://www.accesstomemory.org/en/docs/2.7/user-manual/administer/settings/#user-interface-labels). Am I doing something wrong?

I’m using the version 2.7.1

Thanks for your help

Costanza Lisi

Change_Label.jpg

Dan Gillean

Oct 18, 2023, 8:49:38 AM10/18/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hello Costanza,

It is a bit tricky because as you have noted, the User Interface Label settings do not currently control every instance of the word Subjects appearing throughout AtoM. The setting that you have found should change a number of instances. There are also appearances in AtoM's menus, such as the Browse menu drop-down. This is controlled by a separate set of settings - See:
Finally, there is the name of the Subjects taxonomy itself, which is hardcoded - and is being returned directly in some of those cases. I am not sure if it will update all remaining instances of the term "Subjects" or if there are other places where it is accidentally hardcoded, but this would be the next thing to try changing.

The bad news is that there is no easy way to change the name of one of AtoM's default taxonomies via the user interface. However, the good news is that our documentation does include some suggestions on how you can use SQL to change the default taxonomy name to something of your choosing. As always, we STRONGLY RECOMMEND you make a database backup before making any SQL changes, especially in a production environment! See:
Let us know how that goes!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Costanza Lisi

Oct 23, 2023, 4:57:39 PM10/23/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com

Thank you very much Dan!
I hoped I could manage it with  the user interface.  I'll let you know how it is going as soon as we find a solution.

Thanks again

 Costanza Lisi

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AtoM Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ica-atom-users/CAC1FhZ%2BV%3DYpif-5X4bZQkJw1fnaV9in8vaT0Qj9BFWEJMCmM7A%40mail.gmail.com.