Thumbnail not available on item list html report

jesus san miguel

Nov 6, 2020, 6:13:21 AM11/6/20
to AtoM Users
When generating an item list report (html with thumbnails), the image does not appear, and a text "not available" appears instead in the table field where the image should be.item-report.png

Dan Gillean

Nov 18, 2020, 3:24:53 PM11/18/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Jesus,

A few things you can double-check:

1) Make sure that users accessing the report have the permissions to view the relevant thumbnails

2) Make sure that you have generated thumbnails for the relevant objects. You can always try regenerating derivatives if necessary. See:
It is constructing the path to the thumbnail using the Base URL, which can be configured in Admin > Settings > Site information. Please double-check that this is populated with the correct base URL for your site. Do not add a slash at the end of the base URL either! See:
Let us know if this helps!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

On Fri, Nov 6, 2020 at 6:13 AM jesus san miguel <jesus.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
When generating an item list report (html with thumbnails), the image does not appear, and a text "not available" appears instead in the table field where the image should be.item-report.png

jesus san miguel

Nov 19, 2020, 10:33:09 AM11/19/20
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

I checked every proposed avenue without any luck: Admin permissions, thumbnails regenerated and Base URL are fine, but the thumbnail is yet missing in the html report.

Best,
Jesus

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AtoM Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ica-atom-users/CAC1FhZKjJEMHgHOw5iHAcxu5h_RY734ACXB1G8XU2xGGuHesHw%40mail.gmail.com.

José Raddaoui

Nov 23, 2020, 11:52:36 AM11/23/20
to AtoM Users
Hi Jesús,

If you made any change, maybe you need to regenerate the report? I tested this locally in the Docker env. and in the demo site (description) and the report is showing the thumbnails on both cases (report). I believe the demo site is re-built after a while, so those may be deleted if you check them out.

You could verify the actual URLs of the thumbnail on the report to see if they point to an existing file within the AtoM folder ...

atom_report.png

If they do, and it's not a permissions issues, maybe is something on the web server configuration?

Best regards,
Radda.

jesus san miguel

Nov 25, 2020, 6:01:01 AM11/25/20
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Radda,
The report does not have broken URLs, but N/A elements instead
This is happening on two different installations, version 2.5.3 - 172. I tried googling some bug for this version, but I found nothing.
In my Docker AtoM 2.6.1 the thumbnails come up fine. Where could I debug this?

image.png