Question on the clipboard feature

Jenny Mitcham

Apr 11, 2018, 6:54:50 AM4/11/18
to AtoM Users
Hi,

I'm just testing out the clipboard and writing some help text for our users prior to our upgrade from 2.2 to 2.4 and had a couple of questions.

I notice on the clipboard interface it uses the entity types 'Descriptions', 'Names' and 'Archival Institutions'.

I think this might be confusing to our users because it is different to the terminology we have chosen to use in the browse menu - we've stuck with 'Archival Descriptions' and 'Authority Records'.

Is there a way that I can ensure the same labels are used in the clipboard page as are used in the browse menu?

Many thanks in advance,
Jen

Dan Gillean

Apr 11, 2018, 9:51:01 AM4/11/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Jen,

Actually, those labels are already tied to the User interface label settings in Admin > Settings > User interface labels.

I've confirmed this on the demo site by changing them:

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Jenny Mitcham

Apr 11, 2018, 10:59:18 AM4/11/18
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Ah thanks Dan - silly me. There is much to learn.

I was confused because under the browse menu it already uses our preferred terms....see screenshot

I guess these must be coming from elsewhere - perhaps something to do with our local customisation?

I've edited the terms now so they are displaying correctly for us on the clipboard - am getting there!

All the best,
Jen

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 6:54 AM, 'Jenny Mitcham' via AtoM Users <ica-atom-users@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm just testing out the clipboard and writing some help text for our users prior to our upgrade from 2.2 to 2.4 and had a couple of questions.

I notice on the clipboard interface it uses the entity types 'Descriptions', 'Names' and 'Archival Institutions'.

I think this might be confusing to our users because it is different to the terminology we have chosen to use in the browse menu - we've stuck with 'Archival Descriptions' and 'Authority Records'.

Is there a way that I can ensure the same labels are used in the clipboard page as are used in the browse menu?

Many thanks in advance,
Jen

Jenny Mitcham
Digital Archivist
Borthwick Institute for Archives
University of York
Heslington
York
YO10 5DD

Telephone: 01904 321170

Borthwick Institute website: http://www.york.ac.uk/borthwick/
Digital archiving blog: http://digital-archiving.blogspot.co.uk/
Twitter: @Jenny_Mitcham
Skype: jenny_mitcham

Dan Gillean

Apr 11, 2018, 11:22:39 AM4/11/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Jen,

Yes it is somewhat confusing, but Menus and Labels are handled separately. To change your Browse menu labels, you would need to go to Admin > Menus, find the browse section, and change the terms there. See:
I'll try to remember to add a note about this in each relevant section of the docs in the future!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.