Upgrading AtoM 2.2 to 2.4 on RHEL6

Alex Fletcher

Oct 27, 2017, 1:36:37 PM10/27/17
to AtoM Users
We've got a -dev RHEL6 linux server that we're trying to upgrade from AtoM 2.2 up to v2.4.

2.2 works like a charm on our server, no issues whatsoever.

2.4 on the other hand... not so good so far.

I downloaded the package, unpacked it into a 'atom-2.4' (the old was in 'atom-2.2', with a softlink from 'atom'->'atom-2.2'.

I pointed the softlink over to the 2.4 installation and restarted the php-fpm (running PHP v5.4) with the new 2.4 in place, ready to walk through the installation process.

It comes up with a blank screen and in the error log for nginx, the following line:

2017/10/27 13:27:28 [error] 40415#40415: *12 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function render_title() in /usr/share/nginx/atom-2.4/apps/qubit/modules/staticpage/templates/homeSuccess.php on line 4" while reading response header from upstream, client: AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD, server: _, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.atom.sock:", host: "atom-dev.hostname.ca"

(where 'AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD' is my IP, and 'atom-dev.hostname.ca' is my hostname)

Any thoughts as to where to further go?

Alex

Friesen, Darryl

Oct 27, 2017, 2:02:08 PM10/27/17
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com

I’m sure Dan will reply with some helpful suggestions, but the thing that stood out to me is that your PHP version is below the minimum listed in the AtoM docs (https://www.accesstomemory.org/en/docs/2.4/admin-manual/installation/requirements/#installation-requirements).  You might need to upgrade PHP to 5.5 or later.  You may want to check the versions on the other bits too (Java, MySQL etc).

-          Darryl

Dan Gillean

Oct 27, 2017, 2:10:19 PM10/27/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi all,

Alex, I think it likely that Darryl has nailed it in one! I would suggest trying to upgrade your PHP version. Please note that if you've installed using Ubuntu 16.04, we recommend PHP v7.0. We've identified a few bugs using v7.1 so be sure you are not just installing the latest. If you are using Ubuntu 14.04, then yes, I would recommend using PHP 5.5 or 5.6.

If that doesn't work, let us know!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 2:02 PM, Friesen, Darryl <darryl....@usask.ca> wrote:

I’m sure Dan will reply with some helpful suggestions, but the thing that stood out to me is that your PHP version is below the minimum listed in the AtoM docs (https://www.accesstomemory.org/en/docs/2.4/admin-manual/installation/requirements/#installation-requirements).  You might need to upgrade PHP to 5.5 or later.  You may want to check the versions on the other bits too (Java, MySQL etc).

-          Darryl

Dan Gillean

Oct 27, 2017, 2:11:32 PM10/27/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Oops, I missed the part about RHEL... in any case, try the PHP upgrade and let us know what you find!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Alex Fletcher

Oct 27, 2017, 3:08:03 PM10/27/17
to AtoM Users
Good news!

Upgraded to PHP5.6 and it worked.

I tried going to PHP7.0 and it ran into requiring some stuff that hasn't been ported to PHP7 for RHEL6, so I stepped down to 5.6 instead. :)

Thanks for the help, I somehow glossed over the PHP 5.5 requirement. I'm going to blame it on Friday.

Alex