Installation fails Elasticsearh/PHP missing APCu

Tor Henning Pytterud

Nov 10, 2022, 9:39:44 AM11/10/22
to AtoM Users
Atom 2.6.4 install on laptop running Ubuntu 18 lts

I have  tried to install AtoM 2.6.4 on a laptop running Ubuntu 18 LTS. Tried to follow guide and have made numerous additional installs trying to correct.

https://www.accesstomemory.org/ca/docs/2.5/admin-manual/installation/linux/ubuntu-bionic/

MySql gets set up and Elasticsearch fails:

Apace error log:

[Thu Nov 10 14:05:14.383916 2022] [php7:notice] [pid 2589] [client 192.168.10.54:61937] You must have APCu installed and enabled to use sfAPCCache class., referer: http://192.168.10.58/atom/index.php/sfInstallPlugin/configureSearch

Tried to follow install instruction for this but it does not seem to help.

I also get an error message in the Apace error log at startup:

CCache class., referer: http://192.168.10.58/atom/index.php/sfInstallPlugin/configureSearch

[Thu Nov 10 14:03:38.781531 2022] [php7:notice] [pid 2587] [client 192.168.10.54:61916] No connection information in your runtime configuration file for datasource [propel]

Using Crome browser.

There is one HTTP GET request from atom to ES on TCP port 9200 where ES reports Cluster name, cluster uuid and version numer as 5.6.16.

Any suggestions?

phpINFO.pdf

Dan Gillean

Nov 10, 2022, 3:06:10 PM11/10/22
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

First, of all, the documentation link you provided points to version 2.5, even though you mentioned installing version 2.6.4. Make sure you are following the right instructions for the version you're installing, as there may be changes between major versions! See:
You also mention installing this on a laptop... While a laptop running Ubuntu can be used to install and run AtoM, please note that the application is intended to be installed on a server. It should certainly not be used in production like that, for a persistently available site listed on the web!

If you are just looking for a local environment for development and testing, you might consider using one of our development environments instead. See:
Finally, you said you followed the installation instructions... but you also mentioned using Apache, as opposed to the recommended web server, Nginx. Have you made any other changes from the recommended installation instructions that we should know about, to help troubleshoot your issue?

If you're not sure if APCU installed, you can try running the command to install the extension again:
  • sudo apt install php-apcu
However, looking at the error, it seems the first problem is that it couldn't connect to the database. It's possible that the previous step in the installer had not yet properly completed. You might try manually returning to the start of the web installer, and *slowly* going through each page again, to ensure they have time to load. Start by navigating to the first check of the web installer, checkSystem:
  • [base URL]/index.php/sfInstallPlugin/checkSystem

Make sure that you enter the same database credentials used during your configuration of the database for AtoM. Hopefully repeating the process will resolve the issue. Let us know how it goes!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

henning....@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2022, 4:05:57 PM11/10/22
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com

The reason I claimed the version is 2.6.4 is that the tarball  I use identifies itself as that.

This is a test /demo setup and far away fro any kind of production. I liked your suggestion to use a Virtual box. Is there a «clean» virtual box file that dont use vagrant?

Henning Pytterud

Dan Gillean

Nov 10, 2022, 4:11:39 PM11/10/22
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Henning,

 Is there a «clean» virtual box file that dont use vagrant?

Unfortunately, not that we make available, or maintain ourselves.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.