Installing Atom 2.2.1 issue

onj...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2016, 11:15:52 AM6/16/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi,

I'm trying to install AtoM 2.2.1 on a free multisite web server (atompr2l.toile-libre.org) and i got this issue when i try to configure my database :

"Unable to open PDO connection [wrapped: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory]

Any idea?

Thanks a lot !

Guillaume

Dan Gillean

Jun 16, 2016, 1:26:32 PM6/16/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Guillaume,

First of all, are you following our recommended installation instructions (Ubuntu 14.04, PHP 5.3+, ES 1.4+, Nginx as your webserver, MySQL 5.5+, etc)? Or have you made any changes? If you've made changes, please tell us more about your installation environment.

Since you are using a multisite web server, can you confirm that your mysql server is in fact on the same server as your webserver and AtoM?

I did find one thread where this issue occurred, and it seemed to be a problem related to websockets. See:

I'm not sure if this is related, but you might ensure that your permissions are properly configured. By default, Nginx runs as the www-data user. There are a few directories under AtoM that must be writable by the web server. The easiest way to ensure this is to update the owner of the AtoM directory and its contents by running:

  • sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /usr/share/nginx/atom

If you are deploying AtoM in a shared environment we recommend you to pay attention to the permissions assigned to others. The following is an example on how to clear all mode bits for others:
  • sudo chmod o= /usr/share/nginx/atom

Finally, I'd suggest that you search in the user forum as well, and see if you can find other related issues. Hopefully with some more information we can provide you with further guidance!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

onj...@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2016, 4:59:08 AM6/17/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hello,

Concerning installation, I simply uploaded the AtoM file on the server via ftp (at /atom/atompr2l.toile-libre.org-web/htdocs/ and to have a result, i took all file inside the atom-2.2.1 repertory out, litteraly these files are know on htdocs repertory and not in atom-2.2.1), my hosting provider informs that the following services are provided: ftp, php 5.5.34, a database (mysql, pgsql and sqlite) (accessible via phpMyAdmin) but no further information of the web server: /
So if I'm not mistaken, it is a shared server managed via a vhffs panel (link: panel.toile-libre.org/)

However, I have a Wordpress website next, with whom I had no problem with the database. So I guess the base is on the same server.

Sadly, I do not have access to the console so I can't write a sudo ... Are there other ways to install them?

I've add a screen of my AtoM site if it help.

Guillaume
screenAtom.PNG

Dan Gillean

Jun 17, 2016, 1:59:31 PM6/17/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Guillaume,

If you haven't followed our installation instructions step by step, it becomes much more difficult for us to determine what the problem is. From the error, it could be a missing dependency, problems with the mysql sockets, or a lack of a proper configuration block / pool for PHP or Nginx - I'm not sure. I think you may need the assistance of your hosting provider to properly install the application. There are for example a number of PHP extensions you will need to confirm you have installed, and you'll need to configure a PHP pool - see:

Your webserver also requires a configuration block - we provide one for Nginx, but other webservers will require different parameters. After all that, then you have to ensure that the www-data user has the correct permissions (included in my last email). There are a few other dependencies as well - Elasticsearch, Gearman, and some other packages for managing digital objects, for example.

I suggest that you contact your hosting provider and share with them our Requirements and Installation docs - see if their service will support the installation of everything you need, and if you can't get CLI access, if they will assist you in installing the application.

Good luck!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

onj...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2016, 8:41:43 AM6/20/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Dan

It seem i forgot to add the sql server when i had to log with my database name / username & password...
Sorry for the inconvenience.
If i have an other problem, i will re-send an answer :)

Thanks !
Guillaume

Dan Gillean

Jun 20, 2016, 1:26:39 PM6/20/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Guillaume,

No inconvenience at all - I'm glad you found the source of the problem! Good luck with the rest of the installation :)

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

onj...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2016, 2:25:25 PM6/29/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi again,

Unfortunately, in the end i couldn't install AtoM on this server. This server is a shared web hosting service that doesn't provide java (no java, no elasticsearch, no AtoM...) so i gave up.
Later i bought a dedicated server, i've followed these steps : https://www.accesstomemory.org/fr/docs/2.2/admin-manual/installation/linux/#installation-linux and that was successful :D And this tutorial was really nice and clear !

One last question, is there a way to set a "default" language (like french instead of english) or detecting the user's own language ? If it's possible, that would be perfect :)

Thank again !

Guillaume

Dan Gillean

Jun 29, 2016, 2:30:38 PM6/29/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Guillaume,

AtoM's default language can be set via its configuration files. You can edit the value in apps/qubit/config/settings.yml. See:

I think you'll want to clear the cache, restart services (webserver, php5-fpm), and repopulate the search index after making this change.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

onj...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2016, 4:12:34 AM6/30/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi

Well, i have changed the default language, now i need to clear the cache to apply this chagne right ?
So i did this:
php symfony cache:clear
But i have an error message:
Could not open input file: symfony
This mean i haven't symfony i guess, what i have to do ?

Regards
Guillaume

Dan Gillean

Jun 30, 2016, 3:06:12 PM6/30/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Guillaume,

If you have Atom installed, you have Symfony :)

The commands that begin with php symfony must be run from the root AtoM directory. Please try chaning directories to make sure you are running your commands from there, e.g.:
  • cd /usr/share/nginx/atom
Once there, you could try running the command again as the www-data user - this is who we assign more filesystem permissions to during AtoM's installation process:
  • sudo -u www-data php symfony cc
You will also want to be sure to restart php5-fpm as it acts as the opcode cache. Again, from AtoM's root directory, run:
  • sudo service php5-fpm restart
I can't recall if it is necessary for a language change, but I would also suggest that you repopulate your search index:
  • sudo -u www-data php symfony search:populate

The above instructions all assume that you have followed our recommended installation instructions - if you have made any changes in your installation environment, then you may need to modify your commands for your specific installation.

Let us know if that helps!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.