Change records tag name

Bryan Vasquez

Oct 3, 2023, 11:56:50 AM10/3/23
to AtoM Users
Greetings,
We're working in a new AtoM instance using MODS library records, there is a tag called "Access Conditions", we want to change its name so we can use it as an internal custom label, however we have looked the term names from the database and rename the term in the /apps/apps/qubit/i18n folder without success, could you please tell us where we should look ir order to make this change?

Captura de pantalla 2023-10-03 094033.png

Thank you,
Bryan Vásquez

Dan Gillean

Oct 3, 2023, 2:41:47 PM10/3/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bryan,

The place to start looking would be in the MODS plugin's templates, specifically:
For the view page shown in your screenshot, this is the easier part - I tried it in my local test instance and it worked by just changing the label found on this line:
Keep in mind that you'll need to reapply these changes after future upgrades as well!

As for the edit templates, the relevant line seems to be called here...
... but also seems to be calling functions or methods from other files. Meaning it is beyond my non-developer skills to follow. Hopefully you are either fine with just modifying the display template, or you can figure it out yourself - otherwise, I will need to ask a developer for some suggestions on where to look next.

In any case, I hope this points you in the right direction!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Bryan Vasquez

Oct 3, 2023, 3:41:29 PM10/3/23
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan,

We just want to change the name of the tag, that folder references guided us to do the change, it was in /atom/plugins/sfModsPlugin/i18n/ where we did this just to let you know.

As always, thank you so much for your support.
Bryan Vásquez