Questions URL structure

camezq...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2017, 2:48:00 PM10/11/17
to AtoM Users
Hello, my question is when updating the AtoM program can the URL structure chance? Since we plan to use the URL of each description to generate a code QR.

Currently the URL structure is as follows:

Http://172.16.1.82/index.php/libro-de-nacimiento-normal-no-1-53

Dan Gillean

Oct 11, 2017, 3:00:04 PM10/11/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Cristian,

In the 2.4 release of AtoM, you can set the slug (i.e. the permalink - the unique part of the URL) to use identifier, full reference code, or title as the basis. See:
Note that this only affects new slugs - not existing ones. You can use the slug generation command-line task to replace existing ones if desired:
However, please be aware that another user in the forum has recently reported a bug with this, so it doesn't work across all cultures. See:
We hope to be able to include a fix for this issue in a future release.

Currently you can also manually edit the slug for an archival description via the user interface - see:
If you wish to add other options for how the slug is generated, this will require further development. I am not a developer myself but I *think* this is the place to look in the code:

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056