Creating ATOM Database

Matheus Mumbala

Oct 24, 2023, 3:27:47 AM10/24/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
  Good Day,
I'm trying to create the ATOM database but I'm failing.

when i run the sudo mysql -h localhost -u root -p -e command i get this error bellow (localhost is the ip address of my server)
mysql: [ERROR] unknown variable 'sql_mode=ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION'.

Attached is the mysql config file.

I guess this error i'm receiving is to do with setting up of the username & password for the database.

Attached is also the mysql status

--
Best Regards
Matheus Mumbala

Dan Gillean

Oct 24, 2023, 9:47:36 AM10/24/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matheus,

Did you try using the SQL queries in our Troubleshooting documentation to change the SQL modes? See:
Normally during installation, we assume that this is the first time MySQL is being added on this server, and therefore we typically ask the user to create the mysqld.cnf from scratch, and we add those modes. In your case, the file you have shared looks like it has a bunch of existing content, but does not include the SQL modes.

Are there other applications installed on this server - possibly other MySQL versions being used by other applications? Have you made any changes from the recommended installation documentation that we should know about?

What output do you get when you try using the queries linked above to check the SQLmodes?

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.