Failure uploading in AtoM for UTF-8 ?

sergio...@gmail.com

Sep 23, 2021, 7:00:57 AM9/23/21
to AtoM Users
I am ingesting just pdf files with the metadata.csv file in Archivematica and uploading them into AtoM. Sometime the uploading fails and my syslog reports:
Sep 22 12:11:27 ATOMNEW php[1160]: 2021-09-22 05:11:27 > Exception: Unable to execute INSERT statement. [wrapped: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1366 Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9D\x90\xB7\xF0\x9D...' for column 'value' at row 1]

The metadata.csv is UTF-8 or UTF- BOM encoded. So I am wondering why this error message? Does it depends on the pdf file? Are additional log files driving in me in this trouble? Any suggestion?
Regards
Sergio

José Raddaoui

Sep 23, 2021, 8:11:27 AM9/23/21
to AtoM Users
Hi Sergio,

What AtoM version are you using? This could be related to the PDF having 4-byte UTF chars and it may work out of the box in AtoM 2.6.x, where we upgraded to MySQL 8 and use utfmb4 encoding by default.

Best regards,
Radda.

sergio...@gmail.com

Sep 23, 2021, 9:15:33 AM9/23/21
to AtoM Users
I think that it is 2.4.x, but I am not sure.By the way how I can extract this info?
The installed mysql is mysql-server-5.7. So I think that I have to migrate or upload the software.  Can I install the last version directly from the 2.4.x with the db backup of mysql 5.7?

Thank  you. Sergio

José Raddaoui

Sep 23, 2021, 9:22:23 AM9/23/21
to AtoM Users

Hi again Sergio,

You can find your current version in the settings/global page, going to settings from the admin menu. To upgrade to 2.6.x, please follow the documentation from ...

It implies taking a backup of your current data, importing it and upgrading it over a fresh AtoM 2.6.x install.

Best,
Radda.

sergio...@gmail.com

Sep 23, 2021, 10:58:16 AM9/23/21
to AtoM Users
Hi,
the application version reports is 2.5.3. I will check with my sysadmin the new installation.
Thanking you, regards
Sergio