Aymará Pais

Mar 13, 2017, 3:57:26 PM3/13/17
to AtoM Users
Hi! When I import some digital objects in a published serie, they don´t aquired a published state authomatically. Niether if I re-publish the serie. So I have to publish every digital object one by one. Is there a more authomatical way to do it?
Thank you very much!!
Aymará

Dan Gillean

Mar 13, 2017, 5:41:04 PM3/13/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hello Aymará,

A couple thoughts.

First, have you checked the Default publication status setting? On installation, this is set to "Draft" - if you want newly created or modified descriptions to be published by default, you might try changing the setting - you could always change it temporarily, and switch it back after your digital object upload. See:

Additionally, depending on how you are importing your digital objects, there are at least 2 known issues which could be affecting this.

The first has to do with XML imports - previously, publication status at lower levels was being ignored on import, even if it was present in the XML file. In AtoM 2.4, we have a fix coming for this issue: https://projects.artefactual.com/issues/5945

Second, there is a known issue with publication statuses in other cultures not importing poperly in the AtoM CSV template. Currently no on has sponsored this for inclusion in 2.4. See: https://projects.artefactual.com/issues/8570

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.