Taxonomy question

L Snider

Aug 8, 2017, 11:21:32 AM8/8/17
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
If one has an existing Subjects taxonomy, and we want to add a whole bunch of terms to it, I use the SKOS import. I looked on the site and couldn't find a template, is there one on there?

We have 2.3, so does the browser timeout apply to this upload like the csv ones?

Anything else to know about taxonomy updating (other than having to change Places to Subjects)?

Cheers

Lisa

Dan Gillean

Aug 8, 2017, 11:29:20 AM8/8/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Lisa,

SKOS in 2.3 and earlier expects SKOS RDF XML as the input so there is no template. If you wanted to try to create it manually, I'd suggest exporting some hierarchical terms, and examining the output as a reference.

In 2.3, SKOS import is still managed synchronously, so yes, unfortunately browser timeout limits do still apply. In 2.4, however, you can use almost any format that SKOS data has been serialized into (e.g. N3, Turtle, etc), and you can use a remote URL instead of a local file upload if desired. The SKOS import in 2.4 is managed by the job scheduler. Initial 2.4 documentation has been added here:
In both 2.3 and 2.4, SKOS export is still synchronous - we'll need to do more work to add job scheduler support for the export of terms! It would also be great to see a CSV format supported for taxonomy terms, but again, that will require further development.

Good luck!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

L Snider

Aug 8, 2017, 2:22:39 PM8/8/17
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

Thanks so much.

Cheers

Lisa

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 11:21 AM, L Snider <lsn...@gmail.com> wrote:
If one has an existing Subjects taxonomy, and we want to add a whole bunch of terms to it, I use the SKOS import. I looked on the site and couldn't find a template, is there one on there?

We have 2.3, so does the browser timeout apply to this upload like the csv ones?

Anything else to know about taxonomy updating (other than having to change Places to Subjects)?

Cheers

Lisa

arquivo.a...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2018, 9:30:01 AM7/24/18
to AtoM Users
Hello Dan,

I just want to report a problem when trying to import SKOS files on version 2.4.

php symfony import:bulk --taxonomy="42" /path/to/places

php symfony import:bulk --taxonomy="35" /path/to/subjects

This only happens through command-line (CLI) only. I am able to import through web interface.

I'm also having trouble importing archival institutions csv file through CLI. There's no error message, it just tells it imports but it doesn't. I found no issue importing from web interface.

I'm using Ubuntu16.04, installed everything according to the official instructions (using culture: pt). I'm not the only one to have this problem.

Thank you for your support!

Dan Gillean

Jul 30, 2018, 11:15:51 AM7/30/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi there,

What is the error that happens when you try to import SKOS files from the command-line?

Regarding the repository CSV import, there could be 2 factors at play.

The first is that with command-line imports, indexing is disabled by default - so you may need to run the search:populate command before you will see your recent imports. The second issue is that a number of fields were apparently missing in the 2.4.0 repository CSV import. These have been corrected in 2.4.1 - see the related ticket here:

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

arquivo.a...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2018, 5:52:24 AM8/1/18
to AtoM Users
The funny thing is that there are no issues importing SKOS from the user interface.
However when using CLI it tells:

Importing 1 files from /home/icaatom/XML/british-columbia;skos.xml (indexing is DISABLED) ...

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method sfSkosPlugin::parse() in /usr/share/nginx/atom/lib/QubitXmlImport.class.php:249
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/share/nginx/atom/lib/task/import/importBulkTask.class.php(126): QubitXmlImport->import('/home/icaatom/X...', Array)
#1 /usr/share/nginx/atom/vendor/symfony/lib/task/sfBaseTask.class.php(68): importBulkTask->execute(Array, Array)
#2 /usr/share/nginx/atom/vendor/symfony/lib/task/sfTask.class.php(97): sfBaseTask->doRun(Object(sfCommandManager), NULL)
#3 /usr/share/nginx/atom/vendor/symfony/lib/command/sfSymfonyCommandApplication.class.php(76): sfTask->runFromCLI(Object(sfCommandManager), NULL)
#4 /usr/share/nginx/atom/vendor/symfony/lib/command/cli.php(20): sfSymfonyCommandApplication->run()
#5 /usr/share/nginx/atom/symfony(14): include('/usr/share/ngin...')
#6 {main}
  thrown in /usr/share/nginx/atom/lib/QubitXmlImport.class.php on line 249

Importing repository CSV through web interface shows no issue. Only through CLI.

Dan Gillean

Aug 1, 2018, 12:59:11 PM8/1/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Thank you for sharing these details - it does sound like there could be a bug. I will test to reproduce when I have time, and file an issue accordingly.

I'll update this thread when I have had an opportunity to test further.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Dan Gillean

Aug 3, 2018, 10:53:17 AM8/3/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hello again!

I've done some local testing and I've managed to reproduce the issue you've reported with CLI import for SKOS files. I've opened a ticket here:
However, I had no issues importing the repository CSV, using the following command, as well as with some variations using some of the available options:
  • php symfony csv:repository-import --index lib/task/import/example/example_repositories.csv
This could be something that was fixed between 2.4.0 and 2.4.1. We discovered just after the 2.4.0 release that a number of repository CSV fields were not importing properly in 2.4.0, and the changes and discussion are documented at length on the following ticket:
You will note that there are a number of pull requests linked on this ticket, as our developers got feedback and implemented changes to ensure everything is working. I think it's possible that the issue you are encountering has been resolved in the upcoming 2.4.1 release?

Thank you again for the reports.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager