Changing page titles to display identifiers instead of Archive Description's title

Katherine K

Sep 4, 2023, 6:17:50 AM9/4/23
to AtoM Users
Hi! Is it possible to generate page titles on our website using archival description identifiers instead of description headers? Thanks for help in advance.
Best regards, Ekaterina
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png

Dan Gillean

Sep 5, 2023, 11:51:44 AM9/5/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ekaterina,

At this time, the web browser page title is hard-coded, and it will require local development for you to change the behavior. One of our developers has pointed me in the right direction, so you can investigate further on your own if you'd like:

It seems that this is set differently in each standard-based plugin's template pages. For example, in the ISAD plugin, see:
Which you can see points to a function here that fetches the title for information objects:
However, a bit lower in this same file you'll see a reference code case:
So, a starting point for experimentation might be to try, in the ISAD plugin template file, swapping in the following:
  • $this->resource->referenceCode
I can't guarantee that will give you exactly what you want, but hopefully it will allow you or another developer to explore further and figure out how to make the change you desire.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.