Bulleted List in RAD Description

Kim Stathers

Apr 4, 2019, 2:22:27 PM4/4/19
to AtoM Users
Hello all--

Maybe silly question, but I'm trying to figure out how to do a bulleted list in a RAD Physical Description, like City of Vancouver has done here: https://searcharchives.vancouver.ca/major-matthews-collection

How is this done? Using multiple extent fields in an import?

Is it possible to make a bulleted list for any free-text field (like scope & content)?

Thanks!

Kim Stathers

Meribeth Plenert

Apr 4, 2019, 6:11:17 PM4/4/19
to AtoM Users
Hi Kim,

I've found using the * symbol for CSV imports will produce a bullet point in Physical Description. You may find you have to use | to produce the carriage return to get a list if using CSV, although sometimes entering a carriage return in the text cell will do the same thing. I believe this also works if you are entering directly into the AtoM interface.

I'm not sure if this will work for all free-text fields.

Meribeth Plenert

Kim Stathers

Apr 4, 2019, 6:58:27 PM4/4/19
to AtoM Users