kellyalmeid...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2018, 6:43:02 AM2/16/18
to AtoM Users
Good morning, I have Atom 2.3 installed, it is customized. But I'm having trouble in the search bar. When I put the database on the server the search bar disappears. Could you help me, please?

Dan Gillean

Feb 16, 2018, 10:39:07 AM2/16/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Kelly,

We'll need a bit more information about your AtoM installation to be able to assist you. For example:
  • Did you follow our recommended installation instructions? If so, are you using Ubuntu 14.04 or 16.04? If not, what changes have you made? What version of PHP are you using?
  • You say your site is customized. Do you mean you have a custom theme, or other custom functionality that you've had developed, or both?
  • Can you tell me more about what you mean when you say you've "put the database on the server"?
  • Same with "the search bar disappears" - do you mean the global search box simply doesn't show in your user interface?
There are a couple of initial things we can try. First, if you have a custom theme, then it's possible it's just a theming issue. The first thing you can do is try to recompile your theme and see if that resolves the issue. You'll need to look in Admin > Themes to see the name of your theme plugin if you don't know it already. You can recompile the theme using the command-line - all of the following command-line suggestions should be run from the root AtoM directory, which should be /usr/share/nginx/atom if you have followed our recommended installation instructions. If you are totally new to using the command-line the following slide deck might be useful to help get you oriented:
I will include instructions below on how to recompile the default Dominion theme - you can try this for Dominion, and then repeat the command, but use the name of your custom theme plugin if you're using one. To recompile:
  • make -C plugins/arDominionPlugin
After that, let's clear the cache, and restart our services, to ensure these changes take effect. All of the following commands are explained more fully in the following slide deck:
If you are using Ubuntu 14.04 with PHP 5.x, you can try the following commands:
  • php symfony cc
  • sudo service php5-fpm restart
  • sudo service memcached restart
If you are using Ubuntu 16.04 with PHP 7.0, use the following commands instead:
  • php symfony cc
  • sudo systemctl restart php7.0-fpm
  • sudo systemctl restart memcached
I would also recommend clearing your web browser's cache as well, to ensure that you are seeing an updated version of the page.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, but you do have a custom theme in place, then you might want to have whoever developed the theme review it - it's possible there's an error in the theme plugin that is preventing the global search box from displaying. We do have a slide deck and some basic documentation on how to develop custom themes that might be a useful reference - see:
You might want to ask the theme developer to use a web browser's development tools to inspect the page for errors as well.

If none of that helps, please provide us with more information, and hopefully we can offer further assistance. Good luck!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.