Pedro Marcos Abreu Bernardo

Mar 30, 2022, 3:26:00 PM3/30/22
to AtoM Users
Hey everyone,

When I export the csv, several fields that were filled in, come to the file empty. We are looking for a safe way to recover the data with all the fields filled in.

Could anyone help me?

Dan Gillean

Mar 31, 2022, 9:28:43 AM3/31/22
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Pedro,

Am I correct in assuming that your default AtoM installation culture, and the language of the records you want to export, is not English?

While AtoM strives to be fully multilingual, we have learned of some issues performing exports from the user interface when the source culture is not English, which sound a lot like what you describe. We have filed some issues and feature proposals to address this in the future - see:
For now, the best workaround is to perform an export from the command-line interface. This should include all available metadata. See:
There are some examples in that section of the documentation of how you can use the --criteria CLI option to limit the export to a specific repository, or a specific archival unit. Additionally, in a related previous forum post on this topic, there is an example of how to limit the command-line export to all descriptions of a specific language. See:
It will take considerable work for us to implement a proper solution for this long-term, so I hope this workaround will help in the meantime.

One thing to remember: any other entities referenced in your export (e.g. taxonomy terms, related authority records, etc) will ALSO need translations in the target culture to export properly, even if we manage to address this bug. If there are any default English taxonomy terms in your AtoM installation that do not have translations for example, remember to add them by navigating to the term, flipping the user interface to the target language, and then entering edit mode to add your translation.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.