ECHEC INSTALLATION ATOM

AMINATA TRAORE

Apr 11, 2024, 12:35:22 PMApr 11
to AtoM Users
HELLO
I get this error when I try to install atom on my server "unable to open pdo connection: MySQL server has gone away"
ubuntu version:22.04 LTS
MySQL Version 8.0.36
php version 7.4
please help me

Dan Gillean

Apr 12, 2024, 8:58:31 AMApr 12
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing some information about your installation environment. A couple more questions:

Does your installation server meet or exceed these recommended hardware requirements?

Processor: 2 vCPUs @ 2.3GHz
Memory: 7GB
Disk space (processing): 50GB at a minimum for AtoM’s core stack plus more storage would be required for supporting any substantial number of digital objects.

Is this a brand new installation, or have you been attempting to load data from an older installation (i.e. upgrade)?
Are you installing version 2.8.1 (the most current version), or an older release?
Are you installing by following option 1 (install from our downloadable tarball) or option 2 (install from our github code repository) when following the installation instructions?
Where exactly in the installation process did you encounter this error?
Do you get an output if you run the following task to check the full installation version?
  • php symfony tools:get-version
Have you tried restarting MySQL to see if it resolves the issue?
  • sudo systemctl restart mysql
I see you are using Ubuntu 22.04, which we have not tested with AtoM yet. I also believe that PHP 7.4 is not the default PHP version included with Ubuntu 22.04, so to run PHP 7.4 you must have manually downgraded the PHP version - is that correct?

AtoM requires a number of additional PHP extensions, as noted in this section:
Have you definitely installed these?

Hopefully with more information, we can offer some additional suggestions.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

AMINATA TRAORE

Apr 12, 2024, 9:10:40 AMApr 12
to AtoM Users
For the material requirements I have met them all
Processeur : 2 vCPU @ 2,3 GHz
Mémoire : 7 Go
Espace disque (traitement) : 50 Go au minimum pour la pile principale d’AtoM, plus un stockage supplémentaire serait nécessaire pour prendre en charge un nombre substantiel d’objets numériques.

This is a fresh install and I'm installing atom version 2.8.0
The installation was done from the archive and not from GitHub

I get this error when I try to run the installer with the PHP symfony tools:install command

yes I downgraded the PHP version and installed all the extensions request

Dan Gillean

Apr 23, 2024, 10:36:18 AMApr 23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Sorry for the delay -I was out of office. Have you made any progress? Did you try restarting MySQL and seeing if you could re-run the installer?

It could be good to check the MySQL error logs to see if they have any additional helpful information. By default I believe that they would be located at /var/log/mysql/error.log - however, the error logs may not be enabled by default. See:
You may also find additional ideas via general web searches for similar MySQL errors - see for example:
Sorry our team does not have any further suggestions at this time - I don't think we've encountered this particular error before, and have so far not been able to reproduce it!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

AMINATA TRAORE

Apr 25, 2024, 12:09:50 PMApr 25
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Bonjour,

Le problème venait des autorisations sur ma base de données mysql

j'ai pu regler le problème

après une restauration d'une ancienne base de donnée j'ai perdu l'accès à l'interface web aucun compte ne passe dessus

Comment puis-je créer un nouveau compte admin pour l'accès à l'interface web?

AMINATA TRAORE

Apr 25, 2024, 12:11:01 PMApr 25
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hello

The problem was with the permissions on my mysql database

I was able to fix the problem

After a restore of an old database I lost access to the web interface, no account passes on it

How do I create a new admin account to access the web interface?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AtoM Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ica-atom-users/CAC1FhZLz0mj2n13Hd1v8%3Dx-veap-NVegieGmMHOusvaqVLv08w%40mail.gmail.com.

Dan Gillean

Apr 25, 2024, 4:00:53 PMApr 25
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi there Aminata,

I am glad to hear that you solved the original issue!

You can create a new Admin account from the command-line with this task:
Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.