SKOS import in demo site

jesus san miguel

Dec 29, 2021, 4:21:42 AM12/29/21
to AtoM Users
I was having issues importing SKOS taxonomies in my site, and just to be sure went to the demo site, but I am getting a 500 Internal server error just by clicking on the menu.

Just in case someone has been successful in importing it:

Best wishes for all this Christmas!

Jesus

Dan Gillean

Jan 4, 2022, 9:29:45 AM (13 days ago) Jan 4
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Jesus,

Imports are disabled in the public demo site for security purposes, so the 500 error there is expected. We don't have a configurable way to disable imports via the settings, so the current solution does lead to a 500 error message, unfortunately.

SKOS is a very flexible standard, and not all SKOS files will import directly into AtoM as expected, as AtoM only supports some SKOS fields and configurations. I recommend that you create some test terms in your AtoM installation (e.g. a few terms in a taxonomy that use a number of fields, and have both hierarchical and associative relations) and then export the parent term, so you can look at how AtoM renders the SKOS and compare this to your import file. It may be possible to make minor changes to your SKOS file for it to import as expected into AtoM.

Additionally, if the file is large, you may want to import it via the command-line to avoid timeout issues. If you encounter local 500 errors, be sure to check the webserver error logs for further information:
Good luck!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager