Hi again Vincent,
Unfortunately, I was not able to recreate the issue. I managed to export a description via CSV, change the language values, reimport it as an update, and see the updates in AtoM. Here's exactly what I did:
- Found a test description I had imported some time ago
- Pinned it to the clipboard
- Exported it
- Unzipped the package, and opened it with LibreOffice Calc
- Deleted some columns I did not need to update (any empty columns, scope and content, etc) to reduce the chance of any errors, BUT made sure that title, identifier, and repository were unchanged for the fallback matching logic
- Changed the language value in the CSV from en to en|fr|it
- Changed the script value from Latn to Copt
- Updated a few other fields to test that updates in general are working as expected (locationOfOriginals; accessConditions)
- Saved my changes and closed the CSV
- Returned to AtoM and went to the Import CSV configuration page
- Set it to: match and update skipping empty CSV columns; Skip unmatched; Limit matches to [selected the record in the top-level description autocomplete]
- Ran the import; waited for it to complete, and checked the job log: match found, records updated in place
- Navigated to the record and confirmed that the updated language values were in place, that the replacement script value was in place, and that the other test fields were also updated
Unless you are doing something radically different than this, I'm not sure what the issue is. However, I'll try to offer a few troubleshooting suggestions below.
First, what is the full version number of your AtoM installation shown in Admin > Settings > Global? I want to confirm that the database schema version is correct for 2.6.3. It should be v184 (this will be the second number shown). If it's not, then a step may have been skipped during the upgrade process (such as dropping and recreating the database before loading your backup, or running the upgrade task after loading it).
You might also want to ensure that AtoM's MySQL database is using the expected SQL modes. We configure them at the end of this section of the installation documentation
, and you can check and change them using the MySQL command-prompt as described here:
Finally, it's always a good idea when there are strange unexplained behaviors to double-check for data corruption. We have some suggestions on how to do so in our Troubleshooting documentation:
Let us know what you find. Hopefully we can sort out what's happening here!