Rights section not saving

Jenny Mitcham

Jul 19, 2016, 9:38:29 AM7/19/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi,

I think we are encountering a bug with the rights section of AtoM.

When we fill in the Rights section of an accession record and then try and save that record it frequently doesn't save. The screen just stays on the edit screen and nothing happens.

We then go through the Rights section and delete various bits of data and try saving again and then it does eventually save. Then we have to go back into that record and add the bits that we had deleted.

I'm not sure we can locate a pattern to this, though with the bit of testing I've just done it seems that this behaviour always occurs if you enter a term into the 'Rights Holder' field that isn't already in the drop down list. It doesn't seem to occur if you select an existing term from the list. My colleague who reported this bug thinks it may be more nuanced than that.

I'm wondering if this is a known bug or if there are any workarounds?

Many thanks,
Jen

Dan Gillean

Jul 19, 2016, 10:43:03 AM7/19/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Jen,

Thanks for this report. I've done a bunch of testing in 2.3, and so far I've been unable to recreate the problem. Were you using any specific rights Basis when the error occurs? I've tried with multiple different bases, and different acts / multiple acts per rights statement, and so far it's working as expected. I am hoping it's a bug specific to 2.2 that has been resolved in the new release, though I've been unable to find a ticket that seems specifically related to this.

We should have 2.3 available this week! In the meantime, if you discover any further pattern, let me know and I can try to reproduce again. Otherwise, let's hope that upgrading resolves this issue?

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.