How to install on windows using XAMPP or WAMP

shan...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2016, 4:45:36 AM9/28/16
to AtoM Users
How to install this application on windows using WAMP / XAMPP, I have tried but there are many difficulties.
First, this application only supports elasticsearch version 0.9.10 and does not run on newer versions
second, this application can not be run without the  APC extension for PHP, while the newer version of APC no longer being developed for the latest version of PHP

do i have to install an older version of WAMP / XAMPP and outdated versions of elasticsearch to be able to use this app?
to be honest i really liked the demo version of this application as this can be very useful for my office, but I suck at linux. I hope there is an easier way to use this application as it is still supported by the ICA.
Thank you very much.

João Pereira

Sep 28, 2016, 6:08:56 AM9/28/16
to AtoM Users, shan...@gmail.com
Hi,

AtoM doesn't work well in Windows. If you want to test AtoM in Windows environment (Windows 7 or Windows 10)  try this - https://www.accesstomemory.org/pt/docs/2.4/dev-manual/env/vagrant/#dev-env-vagrant

Cheers,

João Pereira

Dan Gillean

Sep 28, 2016, 1:40:46 PM9/28/16
to ICA-AtoM Users, shan...@gmail.com
Hi there,

AtoM can be installed on many platforms, but we only have the resources to test and package on our recommended solution. For Windows and other operating systems, we recommended creating a production ready Ubuntu virtual machine, and following our recommended installation instructions inside of it. See:
You can also find some useful tips by searching in the forum for WAMP or XAMPP. We've also started adding tags to make posts easier to find - here are posts currently tagged with "Windows" - some of them will have useful debugging suggestions to try for setting up AtoM on WAMP. Please remember when seeking assistance to always try searching the user forum for suggestions first :)

We haven't been able to tag all previous messages, but over time, searching by tags will become more and more useful. More information on tags in the AtoM User Forum here:

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.