No se visualizan las referencias al enlazar vídeos.

Mercedes Jiménez Bolívar

Apr 12, 2021, 7:16:11 AM4/12/21
to AtoM Users
Hola, amigos.
Primero: No se crean las referencias y miniaturas al enlazar vídeos en las descripciones de documentos.
Segundo: Al hacerlo de forma manual consigo que funcionen bien las miniaturas, pero no las referencias. Existen pero no se visualizan en la ventana de imagen de la descripción.  da el siguiente mensaje:

01.png

Muchas gracias por todo!!!

Dan Gillean

Apr 12, 2021, 11:38:14 AM4/12/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hola Mercedes,

Thank you for this report. I have managed to reproduce the issue that you describe - unfortunately, it appears that there is a bug, where the file path to the digital object is not being saved correctly in AtoM - this is probably why the derivative generation fails.

I have filed an issue ticket here, and marked it as High priority so we can address this in the 2.7 release:
The same issue does not seem to apply when videos are uploaded locally. I understand that this is not ideal, but for smaller videos, your best solution right now might be to download a copy and then upload it directly to AtoM.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Mercedes Jiménez Bolívar

Apr 12, 2021, 12:49:54 PM4/12/21
to AtoM Users
Muchísimas gracias, Dan.

Dan Gillean

May 6, 2021, 3:33:04 PM5/6/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hola Mercedes,

I have a quick update on this issue for you. We have had a chance now to investigate this bug, and I am happy to report that a fix will be included in the 2.7 release.

There were a couple different issues at play. First, it turns out that regenerating derivatives for a remote video was causing FFMPEG to ask for confirmation before overwriting any previous derivative (even if there wasn't one) - with no way for the user to confirm, the task failed.

Additionally, we discovered that videos that use periods in the name (e.g. my.video.title.mp4) were not being properly parsed - only the first part of the name would be used for the derivative's name. This too has been fixed.

Further details on the issue ticket:
Also, if you have local developers and wish to try applying a fix for this before the 2.7 release, the related code commit can be seen here:
As always, we strongly recommend making a backup before changing AtoM code on a production server, and if possible, we suggest testing the changes on a development version of AtoM first!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
@accesstomemory
he / him

Mercedes Jiménez Bolívar

May 19, 2021, 2:00:17 PM5/19/21
to AtoM Users
Muchísimas gracias, Dan. Lo comunicaré a los desarrolladores locales.