Information tree

maxi...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2024, 8:02:07 AMApr 5
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan, how are you? I need help with the information tree. I am using the theme "arDominionB5Plugin" and in this theme I cannot access a document unit because if it is a "composite document unit" since the level name is so long, the name of the title is hidden, which is the only way to access it. unit. I need to know how I can modify the source code to ensure that the access link of the document unit extends in addition to the title to the level. I am attaching screenshots for better understanding:

prueba_7.jpgprueba_8.jpg

Dan Gillean

Apr 5, 2024, 9:56:35 AMApr 5
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Before we jump to code solutions, I want to see if you have considered any of the existing workarounds. It seems to me that the issue here is that the level of description you arae using, "Unidad documental," takes up too much space, and since it is not part of the hyperlink, you are having trouble navigating - is that correct?

First, given that this appears to be a deep hierarchy with some long title names and many digital objects - have you considered using the Full-width treeview instead? See:
Not only will this give you more room for long titles, but you can also customize what is displayed in the tree - you can choose whether the identifier, level of description, and/or the first dates of creation are shown. See:
One other workaround would be to edit your level of description and choose a shorter title (e.g. just "Unidad", or "Parte", or "Página," etc.) - however I can understand why that may not be desirable.

In any case - If neither of those workarounds will meet your immediate needs, then here are the files I was able to find:
I will note that when I inspected the sidebar tree in my browser, I noticed that each node has a <span> element that uses a text-truncate class - if you can figure out how to remove or disable this, then the treeview node titles will wrap and display fully. Perhaps in the SCSS file above you can figure out how to apply that change.

In the meantime, this does seem like a general usability issue to me, so I have filed a bug for the Maintainers to consider. I see no reason why the level of description should not also be part of the hyperlink in the sidebar treeview, so I have created a bug ticket for this here, with 2 possible solutions proposed for consideration:
Please note that a ticket is not a guarantee that this will be immediately addressed, but it is now documented for consideration. Hopefully the Maintainers will be able to address this properly in a future release!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

On Fri, Apr 5, 2024 at 8:02 AM maxi...@gmail.com <maxi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Dan, how are you? I need help with the information tree. I am using the theme "arDominionB5Plugin" and in this theme I cannot access a document unit because if it is a "composite document unit" since the level name is so long, the name of the title is hidden, which is the only way to access it. unit. I need to know how I can modify the source code to ensure that the access link of the document unit extends in addition to the title to the level. I am attaching screenshots for better understanding:

prueba_7.jpgprueba_8.jpg

Alejo Janin

Apr 5, 2024, 10:02:35 AMApr 5
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Certainly I'm not Dan, but I suggest you to try the Full width for treeview (you can modify this setting in Admin > Settings > Treeview).

Cheers,
Alejo