Records not visible on import

Carolyn Sullivan

Jan 19, 2023, 10:09:52 AM1/19/23
to AtoM Users
I'm having an issue where one of my staff is importing a CSV.  The CSV imports successfully, with no errors, but there are no records visible when we check Admin > Description Updates.

I thought it might be an issue with the search index not populating, so I tried
sudo -u www-data php symfony search:populate
Which didn't work.  I did get a kind of weird result when checking the search:status though -- for Document indexing status, it shows Information object: 49024/49636 ... could this have something to do with the records not being visible?

I also did a bunch of things to clear the cache and current jobs:
sudo systemctl restart php7.2-fpm
sudo systemctl restart memcached
php symfony cc
sudo systemctl restart atom-worker

And since the documentation indicates to do this for missing records in the treeview, I did:
php symfony propel:build-nested-set

I also tried generating my slugs: php symfony propel:generate-slugs

Please let me know if you have any suggestions, and thanks for your help!
Carolyn.

Dan Gillean

Jan 19, 2023, 11:19:47 AM1/19/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carolyn,

Sounds like you've done some great legwork trying to troubleshoot this!

At first glance, it definitely sounds like it's an indexing issue to me. When you say that populating the search index "didn't work," can you elaborate? Does indexing fail? Does it give any kind of error message when it does?

Similarly, is there anything in the webserver error logs related to this?

Do you mind showing us the full output of the search:status check?

Do you know how much memory your AtoM server has allocated?

Are these CSV imports taking place via the user interface, or the command-line?

What is the full version number of this AtoM instance, as shown in Admin > Settings?

Hopefully with a bit more information, we can suggest some next steps.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Carolyn Sullivan

Jan 24, 2023, 2:40:55 PM1/24/23
to AtoM Users
I have no idea why, but after reloading the same csv and getting the same error, rebuilding the nested set and then clearing the cache worked this time.  Thanks for the suggestions, Dan, I'm bookmarking them for if this occurs again!

Best,
Carolyn.