restory back up

Omphile Sebonego

May 8, 2019, 6:24:32 AM5/8/19
to AtoM Users
Hi guys during the upgrade of Ubuntu 16.04 from 14.04, my system crashe and I lost all of my data in the backup, i would like to know if i can use the data on var/lib/autobackup to restore my file,if posible,can i please have the steps to fllow.

Dan Gillean

May 8, 2019, 11:15:53 AM5/8/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Omphile,

Ugh, I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened to you!

Unfortunately, /var/lib/autobackup is not something that is a part of AtoM. It's possible that you have some additional utility installed on your server that performs automated backups. If so, and there is a copy of the MySQL database stored there, then the process to load the sqldump would be the same as found in our upgrades documentation - see steps 3 and 4 here:
You would also want to run the sql-upgrade task (described in the next section of the docs linked above) after loading any backups.

Note that if you have digital objects, which are normally stored in AtoM's uploads directory, you would need a copy of those as well. The instructions for loading those can also be found on the same page linked above.

I would also recommend that you try to find out more about what utility this autobackup is, and see if you can find some documentation for how it works.

Good luck!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 6:24 AM Omphile Sebonego <omphile....@botho.ac.bw> wrote:
Hi guys during the upgrade of Ubuntu 16.04 from 14.04, my system crashe and I lost all of my data in the backup, i would like to know if i can use the data on var/lib/autobackup to restore my file,if posible,can i please have the steps to fllow.

Omphile Sebonego

May 9, 2019, 2:28:53 AM5/9/19
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
hi maybe I didn't address it properly,after upgade i managed to install AtoM 2.3, the problem is I lost all the data that was uploded and backuped, I wanted to restore the data but it seems my backup is gone.

Dan Gillean

May 9, 2019, 10:23:38 AM5/9/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
I'm sorry Omphile.

I don't have any further suggestions for you, unfortunately. AtoM does not take automatic backups of any kind, so if you have lost the database, the uploads folder, and all your local backups, you may need to start over.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.