Trying to activate "popular this week"

Morgane Mosnier

Feb 17, 2021, 4:23:36 AM2/17/21
to AtoM Users

Hi,
We are on 2.5.0 and "Popular this week" does not appear on our home page. Is there any way we can activate it ?

Dan Gillean

Feb 19, 2021, 10:07:59 AM2/19/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi there,

There should be no need to activate it - it is a default page component on the homepage. See:
However, I believe the focus is on published / publicly accessible records - are all of your descriptions in draft mode?

Another possibility: is your site multilingual? If yes, is it possible that you have created your descriptions in a different culture than the default installation culture (i.e. if your site is installed with French as the default installation culture, is it possible that users were using the English interface when creating descriptions)? There could be a culture fallback issue at play with multilingual content.

Other things to try / check:

First, a simple clearing of the application cache and reindex might be all that is needed. From AtoM's root installation directory (typically /usr/share/nginx/atom if you followed our recommended installation instructions), run the following:
  • Clear the application cache: php symfony cc
  • Restart PHP-FPM: Depends on your version of PHP, but:
    • PHP 7.0: sudo systemctl restart php7.0-fpm
    • PHP 7.2 sudo systemctl restart php7.2-fpm
  • Repopulate the search index: php symfony search:populate
Remember that your web browser has its own cache as well - to ensure you are seeing the most up-to-date version of the page, either clear your browser cache before testing, or else test in an incognito / private browser window, where the cache is typically disabled by default.

Another thing you could check:

Take a look at the date/time settings for PHP, and your MySQL server, and make sure they are aligned. I'm not sure which AtoM is using for this widget, but if there's a conflict then perhaps this could lead to unexpected results?

The PHP timezone settings are managed in AtoM in the apps/qubit/config/settings.yml configuration file, and uses PHP time zones. See:
In MySQL, this resource can help you check and modify the global time zone setting if needed:
Let us know if any of this helps!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 4:23 AM Morgane Mosnier <morganem...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
We are on 2.5.0 and "Popular this week" does not appear on our home page. Is there any way we can activate it ?

Morgane Mosnier

Feb 24, 2021, 8:56:14 AM2/24/21
to AtoM Users
Thank you so much, I'll see if any of this works !