AtoM 2.6 cannot login (unrecognized email or password) and atom-worker fails

Arthur Trip

Aug 4, 2020, 6:39:13 PM8/4/20
to AtoM Users
Hi everyone,
a little problem with a new AtoM 2.6.

I installed in RHEL 7 with MariaDB 10.5.4 and PHP7.2.
Everything perfect until the configuration, which was successful.
But then ...

If I try to log in, AtoM keeps saying "Sorry, unrecognized email or password".
I ran "php symfony tools: purge" twice and changed the user and password but the problem remains.

Furthermore atom-worker is in failed state.
# systemctl status atom-worker
atom-worker.service - AtoM worker

Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/atom-worker.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)

Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2020-08-05 00:32:57 CEST; 4s ago

Process: 1612 ExecStart=/usr/bin/php7.2 -d memory_limit=-1 -d error_reporting="E_ALL" symfony jobs:worker (code=exited, status=217/USER)

Main PID: 1612 (code=exited, status=217/USER)

Aug 05 00:32:57 atom systemd[1]: atom-worker.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=217/USER
Aug 05 00:32:57 atom systemd[1]: Unit atom-worker.service entered failed state.
Aug 05 00:32:57 atom systemd[1]: atom-worker.service failed.

I don't know where to start investigating ... it never happened to me.
Can you give me some ideas?
Thanks bye.

Arthy

Dan Gillean

Aug 5, 2020, 5:21:18 PM8/5/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Arthy,

I think these are two separate issues, but I'll try to address both.

First, with the user login issue, this may have to do with your use of MariaDB. There are still some known incompatibilities between MySQL 8.0 and MariaDB. I suspect that this might have to do either with MySQL 8's new default authentication plugin, or with the new default collation - neither of which MariaDB currently supports. I could be wrong about those specific reasons, but there are a number of other differences, and I suspect that at least one of them is contributing to this issue. See:
I strongly recommend following the recommended installation instructions and installing MySQL server 8.0 if at all possible.

As for the AtoM worker:

When the atom-worker dies, it will automatically try to restart itself. To prevent it from getting caught in an infinite loop, we've added a restart limit - more than 3 restart attempts in 24 hours will trigger the limit. See:
I suggest you try the following to reset the fail counter:
  • sudo systemctl reset-failed atom-worker
  • sudo systemctl restart atom-worker
You can then use sudo systemctl status atom-worker to ensure it's running properly.

Hopefully that helps with the job scheduler issue!

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.