Re: [atom-users] PHP message: Unable to open PDO connection @ step Configure database

Dan Gillean

Apr 4, 2022, 11:00:18 AM4/4/22
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Roberto,

I think you might be encountering a known issue with the web installer, where it can time out before completing all steps. There are some suggestions in this thread:
If that doesn't work, I would suggest trying the following:
  • Check if there is a file at config/config.php. If yes, delete this file
  • Clear the Symfony cache - run the following from AtoM's root installation directory: php symfony cc
  • In your browser, return to the beginning of the web installer and try following the process again: http://localhost/index.php/sfInstallPlugin/checkSystem
  • Wait a bit on each page of the web installer before continuing the process
In the upcoming 2.7 release, we have replaced the web installer with a command-line installation process from start to finish, which should avoid many of these issues in the future.

Let us know if this helps!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

On Fri, Apr 1, 2022 at 7:43 PM Roberto <ing.roberto...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all
I was  trying to install atom using this documentation :

during web install (Configure database) i got
  • Unable to open PDO connection [wrapped: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'atom'@'localhost' (using password: YES)]
Any idea how to solve
Thank you
Roberto