Dear, anyone can help and have Video install AtoM in windows?

Toty Monthana

May 27, 2019, 6:48:21 AM5/27/19
to AtoM Users
I need your help
Anyone have Video install AtoM in windows?

Thanks you very much

Toty

Dan Gillean

May 27, 2019, 11:29:04 AM5/27/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Toty,

Can you please clarify what you mean? Are you having issues uploading video files into AtoM? Or are you having issues playing video files that have been uploaded? Additionally, it would help us provide better suggestions if you can tell us more about your installation. See for example the questions listed here:
If your issue is with uploading video:

AtoM's digital object upload via the user interface is currently done on demand via the web browser. Most web browsers have a built-in time out limit of about 1 minute, to prevent long running tasks from consuming all available resources. For this reason, it can be difficult to upload large files such as videos via the user interface. You may want to consider using the CSV import's digital object columns, or the command-line digital object load task instead. See:
If your issue is with playing uploaded or linked video:

In the current version of AtoM, we are still using a Flash-based video player. In most web browsers, Flash is now disabled by default for security purposes. You may need to enable Flash first in your browser to be able to play uploaded videos. A simple web search should return basic instructions on how to enable Flash in the browser you prefer to use. Remember that you will likely need to reload the page after enabling Flash to see AtoM's video player display.

In the next (2.6) major release, we will be upgrading AtoM's media player to something HTML5 based, so this will no longer be an issue.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

dgm...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2019, 8:07:45 AM6/2/19
to AtoM Users
Hi, Dan,

I think that the question is if somebody has done a video showing how to install AtoM 2.5 in the Microsoft Windows environment.

Daniel

dgm...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2019, 8:11:49 AM6/2/19
to AtoM Users
Hi, Toty,

I have been looking for it myself but I could not find any video (or even instructions) for installing AtoM 2.5 in a Microsoft Windows environment. it would be great if someone could do it but it looks extremely complicated, I have not been able to make it work.

On the other hand, ICA-AtoM 1.3.2 can be installed under Microsoft Windows more easily.

Let's hope that somebody looks into it some time!

Daniel

Dan Gillean

Jun 3, 2019, 11:12:10 AM6/3/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
Thanks for the clarification Daniel, and sorry for the misunderstanding Toty!

Since AtoM depends on a number of open source packages and extensions that may not be available in the Windows server environment, we don't currently do any testing for Windows installations. Instead, we recommend installing AtoM on your Windows server inside of an Ubuntu Virtual Machine.

That said, it is possible that someone in the community has managed to do it! If so, hopefully they might reply here with further thoughts for you.

Best of luck!

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager