New Field in Advanced Search Atom 2.6.4

amari...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2023, 7:12:52 AM11/24/23
to AtoM Users
Hello.
I use Atom version 2.6.4 and I would like to know how I can make my advanced search have the "Notes" field.

I managed to insert the "Notes" option through the file: apps/qubit/modules/search/templates/_advancedSearch.php
 <option value="notes"<?php echo $item['field'] == 'notes' ? ' selected="selected"' : '' ?>><?php echo __('Notes') ?></option>

What other files do I need to change so that this field can be used in advanced searches?

In the database, the field I want to search is: SELECT content FROM atom.note_i18n Thanks.

José Raddaoui

Dec 5, 2023, 1:42:43 PM12/5/23
to AtoM Users
Hi there,

The advanced search is not the easiest component to customize, a couple of considerations before jumping into implementation details:
  • Are you planning to upgrade your instance soon? There are considerable changes to the advanced search component between 2.6.x and 2.7.x so:
    • The implementation details will be different based on the version.
    • Your customization won't work without changes if you upgrade later.
  • Not all note types are included in the search index, you can see which ones are included here.
Would it be okay to search only over those note types? What AtoM version would you like to use to make this change?

Best,
Radda.