Update Original Strings

Tom Misilo

May 24, 2024, 11:49:43 AMMay 24
to AtoM Users
Hello,

What is the best way to update the textual strings for English?

For example we want to change "Log in with CAS" to "Login with K-State SSO" but want to change it one place, instead of having to edit every file, and than update the "Source" file in all the translations. I feel like I am missing something very simple, but not sure.

Thanks!
Tom

Amaya Rodrigo

May 27, 2024, 1:27:15 PMMay 27
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Tom,

Does that string show up in a menu?

image.png

And then find Login:

image.png

Hope that helps!

Amaya M Rodrigo Sastre (she/her/bofh) - sysadmin@artefactual

Tom Misilo

May 28, 2024, 10:16:03 AMMay 28
to AtoM Users
Thanks! They were not there, but I was able to accomplish this by putting a file in plugins/theme/i18n/en/messages.xml and was able to overwrite feeds.

Example messages.xml for those looking to do this or something similar as well.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE xliff PUBLIC "-//XLIFF//DTD XLIFF//EN" "http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xliff/documents/xliff.dtd">
<xliff version="1.0">
  <file source-language="en" target-language="en" datatype="plaintext" original="messages" date="2022-08-05T16:59:44Z" product-name="messages">
    <header/>
      <trans-unit id="1">
        <source>Log in with CAS</source>
        <target>Log in with K-State SSO</target>
      </trans-unit>
      <trans-unit id="2">
        <source>Search hierarchy</source>
        <target>Search collection</target>