Shibboleth and Atom

sergio folco

Mar 26, 2020, 7:21:27 AM3/26/20
to AtoM Users
I have to implement shibboleth in atom to implement eduGain (https://technical.edugain.org/). I have found only Cendari Shibboleth solution )https://wiki.accesstomemory.org/wiki/Community/Community_resources/Development). Do you know if there are addiitional implementaitons or detailed approach or documentation like in Archivematica for example? The Cendari seems me quite complex. Please, might you drive me in this implementation ?

Dan Gillean

Mar 26, 2020, 9:58:53 AM3/26/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Sergio,

Unfortunately we at Artefactual can offer only very limited general suggestions with this. The CENDARI Shibboleth plugin was developed against an older version of AtoM, and has not been incorporated into a public release (as similar work has been in Archivematica), nor does it appear to have been maintained and tested against more recent versions of AtoM. I have heard reports in this forum of users getting it to work with AtoM 2.4, but so far no one's reported implementing it against AtoM 2.5 - though it may have happened!

Hopefully others on the forum who have worked with this plugin can provide further guidance.

Best of luck, and let us know how it goes!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056