User testing for AtoM

Jenny Mitcham

Feb 3, 2016, 9:37:37 AM2/3/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi all,

Here at the University of York we are getting ever closer to the full public launch of our AtoM catalogue (watch this space). Before we do so, we would like to carry out some testing of the new interface with some of our users, just to get an idea of how easy they find it to use and whether there is anything we can do to make things clearer (for example, changing terminology used, or providing more help pages).

I was just interested to find out whether any other institutions (or Artefactual) have carried out user testing and whether anyone has any results or insights they could share.

Many thanks,
Jen

Sara Allain

Feb 3, 2016, 6:10:07 PM2/3/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Jen,

We did some usability testing with the City of Vancouver several years ago, but it was on a much earlier version of AtoM so the results probably aren't too helpful. However, it looks like the folks at Dumbarton Oaks in Washington, DC have written quite a bit about their process! They've published both a methodology and their findings.

I'd love to hear if anyone else has published user testing information about AtoM, and am looking forward to what you find out about the system at York!

Cheers,

Sara Allain
Systems Archivist
Artefactual Systems, Inc.

Jenny Mitcham

Feb 4, 2016, 8:59:29 AM2/4/16
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
That is really helpful - thanks Sara.
If all goes to plan I will report on the results of our own user feedback testing in a couple of months time.
Cheers,
Jen

Jenny Mitcham
Digital Archivist