Printing archival descriptions with physical storage location

Malachy McCarthy

Jan 9, 2018, 4:16:14 PM1/9/18
to AtoM Users
I would like to customize the description for physical storage Would like to add creator with title and do not need field "Part of"
Also would like to be able to create a report to be able to print this material. Is it possible? Right now I only see the option of printing individual boxes rather than selecting a range of boxes

Dan Gillean

Jan 9, 2018, 4:37:31 PM1/9/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Malachy,

Unfortunately, we don't yet have that functionality in AtoM - it's been a while since anyone has sponsored development of the physical storage module, though we do know there is a lot of interest!

At present, you're correct - you can only print individual containers, as outlined in this section of the docs:
Unfortunately, none of these options will currently provide you with exactly what you need. To do so, you'll need to do some development to make changes to the code. If that's something you can do (or you have access to a developer who can), here are a few resources to get you started.

You can find a number of development resources on our wiki here:
Even if you don't intend to share your custom code changes, you might find the recommendations on this page of use:
This page includes some links to the Symfony 1.x documentation - the PHP framework with which AtoM was originally developed. We also have a few slide decks that might help you get started:
If your institution is interested in hiring Artefactual to develop new functionality, please feel free to contact me off-list so we can discuss your requirements further.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.