Bootstrap 5 theme build on CentOS 7

Roger Rutishauser

Dec 6, 2023, 10:50:05 AM12/6/23
to AtoM Users
Hi all

I would just like to briefly share the following observation. It concerns those who want to install AtoM 2.7.3 with a Bootstrap 5 theme on CentOS.

Building a Bootstrap 5 theme with npm does not work on CentOS 7.

CentOS 7 uses version 2.17 of the C library (glibc). You can check your version with the following command:

ldd --version
  ldd (GNU libc) 2.17

In order to compile the AtoM 2.7.3 themes that use Bootstrap 5, NodeJS version of minimum 18.x is needed. But v18 can't be installed because v2.27 of glibc would be needed. And as far as I know, upgrading glibc is not recommended, if not impossible.

CentOS 8 has glibc v2.28 so there it shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers, Roger

Dan Gillean

Dec 7, 2023, 8:39:16 AM12/7/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Roger,

Thanks for sharing this tip - hopefully it will save some of our community members time!

I will see if I can get a developer to look at your other Bootstrap thread soon.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.