Does ICA-AtoM have Loan processes implemented?

Miguel Angel

May 19, 2021, 10:42:47 AM5/19/21
to AtoM Users
Does ICA-AtoM have Loan processes implemented?

Dan Gillean

May 19, 2021, 12:01:56 PM5/19/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Miguel,

At this time, AtoM does not have its own Loans module.

I have seen several community-developed modules out there in the past - and at least one of these was previously submitted to the public AtoM project as a possible code contribution. However, we did not accept the pull request at the time because:
  • The module was developed in a way that was highly specific to the needs and expectations of the government institution sponsoring the work, and was not generalized enough to be broadly useful to the AtoM community
  • It was developed against an older version of AtoM, several major versions behind what was then the current public release
  • It did not follow our coding standard conventions
  • No time was budgeted to respond to our feedback during code review, make changes, and resubmit
For these reasons, we were unwilling to take on the ongoing maintenance of the module, and unable to do the work required at the time to generalize and standardize the feature. For large pull requests or major feature additions, we provide a number of recommendations and resources on our wiki for community developers, that can be found here:
I have not since found that code, or other examples I have seen, in publicly accessible code repositories, unfortunately. Hopefully if there are any community users here in the forum who have their own loans module, they might be willing to share!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 10:42 AM Miguel Angel <miguelu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does ICA-AtoM have Loan processes implemented?

Miguel Angel

May 19, 2021, 2:55:39 PM5/19/21
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com