Hugo Baronti

Jul 5, 2019, 1:48:11 PM7/5/19
to AtoM Users
El requerimiento de instalar AtoM con el host de búsqueda asociado al puerto 9200 es una limitación, por cuanto este puerto se encuentra prohibido en servidores compartidos, y con cuentas de hosting básicas no se pueden abrir nuevos puertos por seguridad, en muchos servicios de hosting.

Es posible modificar este parámetro para que AtoM use el puerto 80, por ejemplo? o alguna otra manera de poder instalar AtoM en un servidor compartido?

Cab señalar que queremos instalar AtoM más que nada como sitio para entrenamiento para nuestros clientes.

Muchas gracias de antemano por responder.
saludos

Dan Gillean

Jul 8, 2019, 12:34:58 PM7/8/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Hugo,

We have not tested this configuration, but looking at the Elasticsearch documentation, it seems that you can add an http.port setting into your elasticsearch.yml file with a different value - it defaults to 9200, but you can manually change this. See:
This thread is older (before AtoM began using Elasticsearch!) but may still be relevant to your concerns:
Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Hugo Baronti

Jul 8, 2019, 2:47:16 PM7/8/19
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for the reply. It has been very useful.
The problem is that - apparently - the server must have the Elasticsearch extension installed to run this version of AtoM?

Regards.

Dan Gillean

Jul 8, 2019, 5:01:37 PM7/8/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Hugo,

Yes, AtoM uses Elasticsearch as it's primary search index, so it is required that you install it with AtoM to be able to browse and search records. In AtoM 2.4 and earlier, we were using a 1.7.x version of Elasticsearch; in our latest releases (2.5.0 and 2.5.1) tihs has been upgraded to ES version 5.6. You can find more information on the requirements and recommended installation with AtoM here:
Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.