creating new user credentials

Omphile Sebonego

Oct 29, 2019, 3:46:35 AM10/29/19
to AtoM Users
Hi guys I need help with the steps to create accout for the new user,remember I am using a terminal,connected to a virtual server.

Dan Gillean

Oct 29, 2019, 9:39:09 AM10/29/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Omphile,

We have a command-line task that can be used to create new Admin accounts, described here:
  • php symfony tools:add-superuser --email="your-...@example.com" --password="YOURSUPERPASSWORD"  username
 If you just run the first part of the command (php symfony tools:add-superuser) then the terminal will walk you through the steps of setting the username, email, and password. Otherwise, you can use the options as shown above - just add the credentials you want for each.

There is no way to create users in other groups or with different permissions from the command-line, so if you need to make changes to the new user's group permissions, you will need to log in via the user interface.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 3:46 AM Omphile Sebonego <omphile....@botho.ac.bw> wrote:
Hi guys I need help with the steps to create accout for the new user,remember I am using a terminal,connected to a virtual server.

Omphile Sebonego

Oct 30, 2019, 2:37:33 AM10/30/19
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan, maybe I wasn't clear,I need to know the steps to create a user credentials that the user will use to log in the system and add the information,the credentials to be inserted in to this form:

image.png

Dan Gillean

Oct 30, 2019, 2:10:03 PM10/30/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Omphile,

The task I linked above will do this - it will create a new user account as part of the Administrator's group, which can be used to log in. There is no way to create a non-admin user via the command-line, but if you are locked out of your system, you can use this task to create a new admin user, and then log in with it and manually create the types of other user accounts you need via the user interface.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Omphile Sebonego

Oct 31, 2019, 2:19:52 AM10/31/19
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Good  day Dan
 Thank you
Can u please give me the guide to create  user account through user interface.

Dan Gillean

Oct 31, 2019, 11:17:10 AM10/31/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Omphile,

Once you are logged in, you will want to navigate to Admin > Users to create a new user account. You can add that user to one of the existing default groups (such as Contributors, Editors, or Administrators), or you can assign them custom permissions.

See:
Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager