Problem in filtering Authority Records

Abhay Aggarwal

Jun 18, 2022, 11:55:46 AM6/18/22
to AtoM Users
Dear friends

ATOM provides 'updatePublicationStatus' for Archival descriptions. This provides that an authorised user is able to view the draft record but not an anonymous user.

I have created this functionality for Authority Records on the same lines as Archival descriptions. An authorised user is able to view the record but not an anonymous user.

Problem

Archival descriptions provide a functionality to filter drafts which means that drafts are not visible on the public website (browse, search). However, I am unable to find scripts wherein I should make this change for filtering draft authority records.

QubitAclSearch Plugin does provide a function filterDrafts.

QubitInformationObject class provides a function getCollections which uses filterDrafts. However, I am unable to find any corresponding function for Authority Records (Actors).

Please help.

Thanks & Regards
Abhay

David at Artefactual

Jun 22, 2022, 11:10:38 AM6/22/22
to AtoM Users
Dear Abhay,

I think the main application of the filterDrafts() method in the browse and search contexts for archival descriptions is via the "getQuery()" method:

Note that the second parameter of getQuery() is a boolean "$filterDrafts":

To apply filterDrafts() to authority records, I would start here:

I expect you will need to make modifications to the getQuery() and filterDrafts() methods to get them working with the QubitActor class.  The search and browse logic in AtoM is complex, so I would also expect that changes will need to be made elsewhere in the code to cover all search contexts.

Best of luck with your work!

David Juhasz (
he/him)

Senior Developer