stef.emi...@maxcommunications.co.uk

Jun 30, 2021, 11:29:23 AM6/30/21
to AtoM Users
Hi,
Is it possible apply a single archival institution logo across all archival institutions in an AtoM installation? I know that you can go to the individual institution page and hit the edit theme button but is there a way to apply this across all institutions in one step?

Thanks
Stef

Dan Gillean

Jul 1, 2021, 9:51:55 AM7/1/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Stef,

It's not a supported feature, but it should be possible to customize the code to allow this.

For example, if you look at the MemoryNS portal, they have some code in their custom theme plugin that applies a default transparent background image whenever a logo has not been manually uploaded:
I believe that this is being done purely with CSS, with something like this:

.repository .brick-only-text {
    background-image: url(/plugins/customPluginName/images/custom-background-image-name.png);
    background-position: right bottom 15px;
    background-size: 170px 170px;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
}

If you wanted something hardcoded to a specific upload, I believe these are the two files you would want to look at modifying:
Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

stef.emi...@maxcommunications.co.uk

Jul 1, 2021, 10:00:53 AM7/1/21
to AtoM Users
Thanks Dan,
I actually managed to crack it without actually doing much(!) All the data in the installation was held under one Archival Institution (something I only realised once I was able to sign in and look at what was going on) so it was basically a question of following standard procedure and theming that particular institution. Useful information though for future reference, so, once again, thanks.

Best
Stef