upgrading and the downloads directory

Elizabeth Thomson

Nov 22, 2017, 9:54:32 AM11/22/17
to AtoM Users
Hello AtoM folks,
We are currently upgrading from 2.3.1 to 2.4.0 (on RHEL7.4), so far with no issues. However, I wonder how to handle the 'downloads' directory. The upgrade documentation makes specific mention of the 'uploads' directory as being a directory which should rsynched in order to preserve content, but makes no mention of the 'downloads' directory, which I gather is where reports are stored.
Should the 'downloads' directory also be rsynched during an upgrade, or should reports be regenerated following an upgrade?
Many thanks!

Dan Gillean

Nov 22, 2017, 10:52:55 AM11/22/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Elizabeth,

Good point! The Downloads directory is fairly new - as you've noted, reports (that are now generated asynchronously in AtoM), and any cached XML, are stored there.

Yes, you can follow the same approach rsync approach to copy the contents of this directory to your new AtoM instance. I will try to update the documentation to reflect this soon. Thanks for pointing this out.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Elizabeth Thomson

Nov 22, 2017, 1:04:30 PM11/22/17
to AtoM Users
Many thanks Dan,
We will add this step to our upgrade process.
best regards,

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 9:54 AM, Elizabeth Thomson <elizabet...@mcgill.ca> wrote:
Hello AtoM folks,
We are currently upgrading from 2.3.1 to 2.4.0 (on RHEL7.4), so far with no issues. However, I wonder how to handle the 'downloads' directory. The upgrade documentation makes specific mention of the 'uploads' directory as being a directory which should rsynched in order to preserve content, but makes no mention of the 'downloads' directory, which I gather is where reports are stored.
Should the 'downloads' directory also be rsynched during an upgrade, or should reports be regenerated following an upgrade?
Many thanks!

Dan Gillean

Nov 26, 2017, 2:00:11 PM11/26/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Elizabeth,

Just a quick note to say that I've updated the documentation, here:
You may be interested in seeing the note I've added about deleting the contents of the jobs subdirectory, if desired.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.