Import Errors under apache

Zac Howarth

Sep 17, 2015, 4:11:57 PM9/17/15
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi folks,

I'm looking for help diagnosing what is probably a server configuration problem.  I'm hoping someone has run into my problem before and can help direct me.

Attempting to import a .csv file which includes any parent references (either command-line or through the web interface) I get a PHP error:

PHP Fatal error:  Cannot access parent:: when no class scope is active in [atom-path]/lib/task/import/csvImportTask.class.php on line 1024

This is on an apache-based system running stable/2.2.x, but was also experienced there on the 2.2.0 release.  I thought I stumbled on this error once on an nginx-based AtoM running some old qa/2.2.x code, but I haven't been able to reproduce it, and I don't experience it on my nginx-based vm running stable/2.2.x.

Has anyone run into this before?

Thanks in advance.

-Zac

Zac Howarth

Sep 18, 2015, 9:40:43 AM9/18/15
to ICA-AtoM Users
I suppose I should clarify that my issue doesn't seem to depend on the import file.  Any csv import involving a parentId reference hits me up, even the example RAD import file in the AtoM code: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/artefactual/atom/stable/2.2.x/lib/task/import/example/rad/example_information_objects_rad.csv

-Zac

Dan Gillean

Sep 18, 2015, 1:43:56 PM9/18/15
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Zac,

The best theory our developers have at this point, since none of us have run into this before, is that perhaps you are running PHP 5.3? Apparently (transcribing this without really understanding, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) the code in question all runs within a closure, and PHP 5.3 does not support class scope in closures.  We recommend upgrading to PHP 5.5, which is the default PHP version included in Ubuntu 14.04. If you are still running 12.04, you can update your PHP version easily via this ppa:ppa:ondrej/php5

Let us know if that helps!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Product Manager / Systems Analyst,
Artefactual Systems, Inc.