ATOM - Upgrade error

Luis Massa

Oct 1, 2021, 9:29:07 AM10/1/21
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com

Dear Sirs,

I need your help, when I try to upgrade from Atom 2.5 to 2.6x I get error when I run:

php -d memory_limit=-1 symfony tools:upgrade-sql

Error:

Could not find foreign key for 'repository_id' column on 'information_object' table.

Any suggestion?

Best regards

Luis Massa

Portugal

Dan Gillean

Oct 1, 2021, 10:50:11 AM10/1/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Luis,

We most commonly see these kinds of errors when users don't remember to drop and recreate the database before loading their sqldump and running the upgrade task. Please see step 4 in this section of the upgrade documentation:
I suggest that you retry this part of the upgrade process again to see if it helps. Make sure you have a backup of your data outside of the database before dropping and recreating!

Keep in mind as well that the underlying dependencies frequently change between major versions. AtoM 2.6 requires MySQL 8.0, an upgrade from the 5.7 version used in 2.5. Because of this, we don't recommend trying to upgrade in place - instead, use the installation documentation to install a new version of AtoM alongside your old version, and then follow the upgrade instructions to migrate your data.

Hope this helps! Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.